New static caravans for sale in south west Scotland. Previously owned static caravans for sale on one of Dumfries and Galloway’s premium caravan parks.
Holidayhomes in-stock now. Our Prices. What’s included? Annual costs. Extras. Double glazing. Central heating. Three or two bedrooms.
STATIC CARAVANS – 2017 - MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
To save you time, we have created this list of frequently asked questions, however, if these do not answer your queries, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will do our utmost to provide you with whatever information you require.
1. Why should we choose Sandgreen?
Our top ten reasons to owning a holiday home at Sandgreen are:-
1. Throughout the Season, you can enjoy unlimited breaks for you and your family
2. Friendly / Safe / Family atmosphere
3. Beautiful, natural Environment
4. Our own stunning Private Beach, ideal for launching boats
5. Sandgreen provides the ideal base to explore the wonderful region of Dumfries & Galloway.
6. Sandgreen is nearer than you think:-
a. Edinburgh 111 miles
b. Glasgow 110 miles
c. Carlisle 67 miles
d. Newcastle 122 miles
e. Stranraer (Ferry link direct to Ireland) 46 miles
f. Dumfries 33 miles
7. You will receive dedicated support from our team
8. We provide 24/7 emergency support
9. You can own a holiday home in one of Scotland’s 40 National Scenic Areas
10. You can choose from our well spaced, creatively situated pitches (subject to availability)
2. How expensive are the Holiday Homes? Previously Owned Caravans can start from around £16,000 and Brand New from around £25,000.
3. What is included in the price? All prices include Delivery, Siting, Connection to Gas, Water & Sewerage, Gas Bottle and Parking Area for one Car, VAT, skirting around your Caravan and Steps.
4. What are the annual pitch fees? The Pitch Fees for 2017 Season, for a standard caravan up to and including 35ft x 12ft are £1,521.48 (this figure includes VAT). This is for the period 1st March to 31st October inclusive. For caravans larger than this, a surcharge of £3.65 per square foot is added.
5. What other charges are there? Other charges are for electricity, rates, alarm maintenance and insurance. We have spread the costs throughout the year as follows:-
Charge Payment Due Date
Insurance 31st July
Rates, including water, sewerage & environmental charges 30th September
Pitch Fees 31st December
Electricity 31st May & 30th November
6. How long is the season? The standard season runs from 1st March to 31st October inclusive (8 months). It is possible for you to extend your season to run from 1st March to the first weekend in January (10 months). An additional Pitch Fee of £380.21 (inc VAT) for the 2017 season, will be payable for this.
7. What facilities do you have? We provide on site support and maintenance, private beach and laundry with washers and dryers, dvd & book library, vending machines for snacks, enclosed dog run, outside table tennis table In addition we have excellent natural facilities for launching small boats, a volleyball net and an enclosed dog run.
8. Can we have a choice of location? Wherever possible you may have the choice of available pitches.
9. What happens if there is any damage to our holiday home? We have negotiated a block insurance policy and can provide you with a fully comprehensive quote through the Block Scheme we run. This scheme is operated by Arthur J Gallacher. Insurance is compulsory; however, you are very welcome to obtain your own policy.
10. How long after we buy our holiday home can we use it? Subject to availability from the manufacturers, we aim to have your caravan sited and connected within 21 days from delivery to the Park.
11. Do we have to change our holiday home every 5 to 10 years? No, providing your holiday home is kept in good condition you do not have to change it. Caravans can be kept at Sandgreen until they are 15 years old from the date of manufacture.
12. Can we bring our dog/cat? Yes, provided they are looked after and the dog is kept on a lead when on the Park. Dog waste bins are provided. Any misbehaved pets will be asked to leave.
13. Can we park our car next to our holiday home? Yes, there will be a car parking space for one vehicle at every pitch.
14. Can we launch our Boat? Yes – Boat launching is available throughout the season and we offer Winter Storage for Boats. There is a charge for this.
15. What if we decide we do not want to be at Sandgreen Caravan Park anymore? You can take your holiday home off park and sell it, sell it back to us, or you can sell privately on the park providing the holiday home is less than 10 years old. If you decide to sell your caravan privately on the Park the management must approve the purchasers and a commission of 15% of the total sale price of the Caravan plus VAT is to be paid to Sandgreen Caravan Park.
16. Can we bring our existing holiday home on to your park? It may be possible to bring your own static onto Sandgreen provided it is environmental green and younger than 10 years old. An entrance fee will be charged.
17. Are there any plans to develop the park? We are always seeking ways to improve facilities and services and we will be upgrading the park on an ongoing basis.
18. Is there a choice of holiday homes available? We deal with the leading manufacturers in the country and can offer a very large selection of new holiday homes. Pre-owned homes become available as and when we can source good quality models.
19. When is the best time to buy a holiday home? There is no right or wrong time to buy. Sometimes you may be offered an end of season deal but this could restrict your use until the following season. The earlier in the year the better!
20. Can we hire our caravan out? We currently run a very small hire fleet comprising of one luxury 3 bed lodge, two, 3 bed static caravans and one, 2 bed static caravans. Our Hire Fleet can be let out on a weekly or short break basis. We do not allow owners to sub-let their caravans or lodges.
Please get in touch with us as soon as possible and if you have any further queries we will be delighted to answer them.