Access to the country side. Clean beach. Clear waters. Fresh air. Bright stars. Native trees. Natural vegetation. Open spaces. Wild life. Bird life.
Sandgreen Environmental News and Updates
- Opened Information Centre in Park office providing species charts, local information, environmental issues leaflets, etc..
- Purchased lawnmower with mulcher to reduce cuttings.
- Re-developed Car Park laying grids made of recycled plastic and locally sourced gravel to maintain natural drainage.
- Enhanced screening at the boat park.
- Used last year’s grass cuttings as Mulch.
- Organised Beach Clean during World Ocean’s Week – 6thJune.
- Continued to remove alien/non indigenous plant species from around Park.
- Organised Natural Treasure Hunt around Sandgreen
- Replaced taps in office/laundry with self stopping taps.
- Increased number of Buddleah plants – seedlings reclaimed from local derelict development site.
- Finished three year programme of building screens around bin enclosures with dry stone dyke using local craftsman.
- Created “re-cycle” bin bay and screened from public view.
- Introduced system to minimise waste disposal – only bins that are full are serviced on respective days, particularly out of peak season.
- Offered to cut the grass for residents over 65.
^ Back to top
Great Deals Available Now